Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pick of the Day: March 10, 2012

Ralph Lauren Daryn Dress

I have an obsession with little black dresses (I personally own about 16), but this is probably one of my favorites of all time. From the front, this sleek, vaguely Oriental number looks relatively plain and insignificant and hardly worth the almost $4,498 it retails for. But when you view it from the back...


A large portion of the back is embellished with a stunning, beaded Chinese dragon design on sheer fabric. The overall dress is so simple, and yet so intricate; the ultimate effect it produces is one of effortless elegance, which I really admire. The dress has most famously been sported by Rooney Mara on November 2011's issue of Vogue (which is fitting, for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo actress). The simplicity and sophistication of this little black dress reminds me a little bit of the iconic black dress sported by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, but with a twist. I think it's absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment